Get Faster With Deceleration to Acceleration Exercise Bi
Get Faster With Deceleration to Acceleration Exercise
**Sign Up For Joe’s FREE Newsletter: https://synergyfitnessteam.com/
FULL MANUAL: http://www.bullstrength.com
Do you honestly believe working out will permanently “mess up your shot” (an issue I tackled in Feb ’09) If so, stop reading now and continue being satisfied with average. Anyone else that is curious on how to improve the game of a basketball player through strength and conditioning, read on!
Basketball Workout Misconceptions
* Working out permanently makes you a terrible shooter
* Most workouts should be plyometrics
* Basketball player’s shouldn’t squat due to their height
* Lifting heavy weights makes people bulky and slow
Proper Basketball Workouts
Before we get to specifics, let’s cover a few basic guidelines:
* Train deceleration as well as acceleration
* Condition for short intense bursts with “active” (slow conditioning) recovery
* Strengthen AND dynamically train
* Train for impact resistance while maintaining mobility
Basketball was one of my favorite sports to play in high school. My shooting skills were average at best, but I was strong enough, and could use my body weight well enough, to pull down tons of rebounds (usually off my own missed lay ups). In one time down the court, I must have missed 5-6 tip ins in a row, but my size and strength allowed for the ball to FINALLY drop in.
Basketball includes both anaerobic and aerobic capacities and is often a more physical game that most people understand. There is typically contact with another player each time down the court. Also, the athlete must be fast enough to sprint down the court, but also have the ability to recover in a short period of time while running the play or defending their opposition.
The sport requires the ability to run, jump, and move fluidly. The sample workouts are OFF SEASON training regimens.
Sample Basketball DE Lower Workout
1. Box jump 15 total jumps, no more than 3 to a set.
2. Walking DB lunges 4 x 12
3a. Glute Ham Raises 3 x 10
3b. X Walks 3 x 10
4. Ab Bridged Moving Men (via Bull Strength) 3 x 1 min
Conditioning finisher, deceleration box jumps to sprint (see video)
This video is very important and probably should receive it’s own post because there is a LOT going on here. Acceleration to deceleration to re-acceleration. Note the end of the sprint where the athletes finish the run exactly how they accelerate (in terms of upper body motion).
Increase Speed With Accel, Decel, Recel.
Sample Basketball ME Upper Workout
A lot of people only train the lower body for basketball…BIG MISTAKE!
1. Weighted Push ups (keeping the scapula free) 6 x 4 plus drop set
2a. Chin Up 4 x 6
2b. Face Pulls 4 x 6
3. Walking DB Military Press 3 x 12 presses
4a. Seated DB Power Cleans 3 x 12
4b. Barbell Reverse Curls 3 x 12
Basketball players should not be treated like glass in the weight room, but do require some considerations. If you want a complete list of considerations and full workouts, get your hands on a copy of Bull Strength ASAP.
GET BULL STRENGTH http://www.bullstrength.com
– Joe Hashey, CSCS –
PS. I don’t think I could possibly be more excited for this week.
Things coming up for you:
1. A HUGE Seminar announcement…Let’s just say keep your schedule clear Nov. 13th for an amazing, absolutely 1 of a kind day. More info tomorrow.
2. My “Go To” workout published in Men’s Fitness this month! I’ll get you the link this week if you don’t get the magazine
increase speed, increase acceleration, how to run faster, how to run fast, basketball workout, basketball speed, jump higher, deceleration, how to run, speed drills
Get Faster With Deceleration to Acceleration Exercise Bi Related Info
Meta Description of Get Faster With Deceleration to Acceleration Exercise: Get Faster With Deceleration to Acceleration Exercise – Synergy Fitness Studio Binghamton NY, Category: Synergy Fitness Team on YouTube, Tags: Basketball Speed
Related City: Binghamton NY, Tags: basketball speed, basketball workout, deceleration, how to run, how to run fast, how to run faster, increase acceleration, increase speed, jump higher, speed drills, Basketball Speed and Fat Loss Extreme, Categories: Synergy Fitness Team on YouTube and Fitness Studio.
Recommended pages or posts on Get Faster With Deceleration to Acceleration Exercise: Rates at Synergy
Watch “Get Faster With Deceleration to Acceleration Exercise Bi” on YouTube